You probably noticed that I added video solutions for the spring 2012 ILA-DP-C exam last week. I also recently added video solutions for Q4 and Q8 from the 2010 exam. These were missing.
Today I added a few drill problems in Section B that correspond to the Expected Mortality study note that was added to the ILA-DP-C syllabus for fall 2012.
All syllabus changes since the previous ILA-DP-C exam have now been incorporated into the 2012 ILA-DP-C online seminar. Here is a summary of changes.
- VUL Secondary Guar: Catalyst for Sales Rebound, Product Matters (formerly lesson A.3.2)
- Predictive Modeling for Life Insurers: Application of Predictive Modeling Techniques in Measuring Policy Holder Behavior in Variable Annuity Products (formerly lesson B.2.11)
- Guaranteed Uncertainty: Socioeconomic influences on Product Development and Distribution in the Life Insurance Industry (new lesson E.4)
- Level Term Lapse Rates – Lessons Learned Here and in Canada, Product Matters (new lesson B.2.12)
- Expected Mortality: Fully Underwritten Canadian Individual Life Insurance Policies, CIA Education Note, July 2002 (new lesson B.2.11). Note: If you’ve taken the ILA-CSP-C seminar, you’ll recognize this study note and lesson. The Expected Mortality note is now on both syllabi, and it is exactly the same on both.
I will be attending the SOA Annual Meeting in Chicago this week and will have limited access to email. Responses to email questions may be delayed, but I should be able to respond no later than October 22. Thanks for your patience, and please look for me in Chicago if you’re attending.
All of the lesson updates that Jeremy mentioned in his last blog post have been transferred to the Canadian seminar as well. In the Canadian seminar, these appear in section F.
All handout updates for 2011 are posted. I’ve also loaded new videos for the Life Insurance Products and Finance textbook in section C.1.
And great news. . . the 2011 seminar is nearly at 100%, and it’s only June! All old material has been removed, and new videos have been added. If you see  in the lesson name, that means it’s new for this year. Overall, there were very few additions, however.
What’s coming next (in order of priority):
- Revised handout bundles. I have not yet updated all of the PDF handouts to reflect new and dropped material.
- Video for ILA-D614. This video will be posted in the coming weeks.
- Solutions for published exams. Currently some of the 2007 and 2008 solutions are not posted. I will add the missing ones.
- Solutions for the 2010 published exam.
If you have any general questions or questions about material that I cover in the seminar, please contact me. If you have questions about any of the material covered by Jeremy, please contact him. You can use the links on the right side of this blog to email us.
Good luck, and welcome aboard!
The study note ILA-D614-09 Guideline G6 Illustrations was missing from the Canadian seminar until now. You can find a lesson for it in section F.3.3.
Since this study note is fairly brief and straightforward, I only included a PDF outline (no video).
Jeremy recently posted lots of additional practice problems from the live seminar. I’ve gone through these and identified the Canadian-specific ones. You can find these in a new section at the very bottom of the Canadian online seminar.
I hope your studying is going great!
Today I made a couple of corrections on the Canadian seminar:
* Added the outline for lesson A.2.3. This outline was missing from the original batch. I put it in it’s own section under A > Handouts.
* Corrected the solution for drill problem #2 in section F.
Please let me know if you have any questions.